Aliases for GCNT4 Gene
- Glucosaminyl (N-Acetyl) Transferase 4 2 3 5
- Beta-1,3-Galactosyl-O-Glycosyl-Glycoprotein Beta-1,6-N-Acetylglucosaminyltransferase 4 2 3 4
- Glucosaminyl (N-Acetyl) Transferase 4, Core 2 (Beta-1,6-N-Acetylglucosaminyltransferase) 2 3
- Core 2 Beta-1,6-N-Acetylglucosaminyltransferase 3 2 3
- Long Intergenic Non-Protein Coding RNA 1336 2 3
- Core2-GlcNAc-Transferase 3 3 4
External Ids for GCNT4 Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for GCNT4 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for GCNT4 Gene
GeneCards Summary for GCNT4 Gene
GCNT4 (Glucosaminyl (N-Acetyl) Transferase 4) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with GCNT4 include Mast Cell Neoplasm. Among its related pathways are Metabolism of proteins and Metabolism. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include acetylglucosaminyltransferase activity and N-acetyllactosaminide beta-1,6-N-acetylglucosaminyltransferase activity. An important paralog of this gene is GCNT1.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for GCNT4 Gene
Glycosyltransferase that mediates core 2 O-glycan branching, an important step in mucin-type biosynthesis. Does not have core 4 O-glycan or I-branching enzyme activity.