Aliases for GCNT3 Gene
- Glucosaminyl (N-Acetyl) Transferase 3, Mucin Type 2 3 5
- Beta-1,3-Galactosyl-O-Glycosyl-Glycoprotein Beta-1,6-N-Acetylglucosaminyltransferase 3 3 4
- Core 2/Core 4 Beta-1,6-N-Acetylglucosaminyltransferase 3 4
- C2GnT-Mucin Type 3 4
- HC2GnT-M 3 4
- C2/4GnT 3 4
- Mucus-Type Core 2 Beta-1,6-N-Acetylglucosaminyltransferase 3
- Beta1,6-N-Acetylglucosaminyltransferase-M 3
External Ids for GCNT3 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for GCNT3 Gene
This gene encodes a member of the N-acetylglucosaminyltransferase family. The encoded protein is a beta-6-N-acetylglucosamine-transferase that catalyzes the formation of core 2 and core 4 O-glycans on mucin-type glycoproteins.[provided by RefSeq, Apr 2009]
GeneCards Summary for GCNT3 Gene
GCNT3 (Glucosaminyl (N-Acetyl) Transferase 3, Mucin Type) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are terminal O-glycans residues modification and Metabolism. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include acetylglucosaminyltransferase activity and N-acetyllactosaminide beta-1,6-N-acetylglucosaminyltransferase activity. An important paralog of this gene is GCNT1.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for GCNT3 Gene
Glycosyltransferase that can synthesize all known mucin beta 6 N-acetylglucosaminides. Mediates core 2 and core 4 O-glycan branching, 2 important steps in mucin-type biosynthesis. Has also I-branching enzyme activity by converting linear into branched poly-N-acetyllactosaminoglycans, leading to introduce the blood group I antigen during embryonic development.