Aliases for GALNT14 Gene
- Polypeptide N-Acetylgalactosaminyltransferase 14 2 3 3 5
- Polypeptide GalNAc Transferase 14 2 3 4
- UDP-N-Acetyl-Alpha-D-Galactosamine:Polypeptide N-Acetylgalactosaminyltransferase 14 (GalNAc-T14) 2 3
- UDP-GalNAc:Polypeptide N-Acetylgalactosaminyltransferase 14 3 4
- Protein-UDP Acetylgalactosaminyltransferase 14 3 4
- Pp-GaNTase 14 3 4
- UDP-GalNAc:Polypeptide N-Acetylgalactosaminyltransferase T10 3
External Ids for GALNT14 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for GALNT14 Gene
This gene encodes a Golgi protein which is a member of the polypeptide N-acetylgalactosaminyltransferase (ppGalNAc-Ts) protein family. These enzymes catalyze the transfer of N-acetyl-D-galactosamine (GalNAc) to the hydroxyl groups on serines and threonines in target peptides. The encoded protein has been shown to transfer GalNAc to large proteins like mucins. Alterations in this gene may play a role in cancer progression and response to chemotherapy. [provided by RefSeq, Jun 2016]
GeneCards Summary for GALNT14 Gene
GALNT14 (Polypeptide N-Acetylgalactosaminyltransferase 14) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are O-linked glycosylation and Metabolism of proteins. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include carbohydrate binding and polypeptide N-acetylgalactosaminyltransferase activity. An important paralog of this gene is GALNT16.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for GALNT14 Gene
Catalyzes the initial reaction in O-linked oligosaccharide biosynthesis, the transfer of an N-acetyl-D-galactosamine residue to a serine or threonine residue on the protein receptor. Displays activity toward mucin-derived peptide substrates such as Muc2, Muc5AC, Muc7, and Muc13 (-58). May be involved in O-glycosylation in kidney.