Aliases for FARP2 Gene
- FERM, ARH/RhoGEF And Pleckstrin Domain Protein 2 2 3 5
- PLEKHC3 2 3 4
- FIR 2 3 4
- FERM, ARHGEF And Pleckstrin Domain-Containing Protein 2 3 4
- FERM, RhoGEF And Pleckstrin Domain-Containing Protein 2 3 4
- Pleckstrin Homology Domain-Containing Family C Member 3 3 4
- FERM, RhoGEF And Pleckstrin Domain Protein 2 2 3
External Ids for FARP2 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for FARP2 Gene
GeneCards Summary for FARP2 Gene
FARP2 (FERM, ARH/RhoGEF And Pleckstrin Domain Protein 2) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with FARP2 include Chromosome 2Q37 Deletion Syndrome and Aarskog-Scott Syndrome. Among its related pathways are Ras signaling pathway and Regulation of CDC42 activity. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include Rho guanyl-nucleotide exchange factor activity and Rac guanyl-nucleotide exchange factor activity. An important paralog of this gene is FARP1.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for FARP2 Gene
Functions as guanine nucleotide exchange factor that activates RAC1. May have relatively low activity. Plays a role in the response to class 3 semaphorins and remodeling of the actin cytoskeleton. Plays a role in TNFSF11-mediated osteoclast differentiation, especially in podosome rearrangement and reorganization of the actin cytoskeleton. Regulates the activation of ITGB3, integrin signaling and cell adhesion (By similarity).