Aliases for FARP1 Gene
- FERM, ARH/RhoGEF And Pleckstrin Domain Protein 1 2 3 5
- FERM, RhoGEF (ARHGEF) And Pleckstrin Domain Protein 1 (Chondrocyte-Derived) 2 3
- Pleckstrin Homology Domain-Containing Family C Member 2 3 4
- FERM, RhoGEF And Pleckstrin Domain-Containing Protein 1 3 4
- Protein Phosphatase 1, Regulatory Subunit 75 2 3
- Chondrocyte-Derived Ezrin-Like Protein 3 4
- PH Domain-Containing Family C Member 2 3 4
External Ids for FARP1 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for FARP1 Gene
This gene encodes a protein containing a FERM (4.2, exrin, radixin, moesin) domain, a Dbl homology domain, and two pleckstrin homology domains. These domains are found in guanine nucleotide exchange factors and proteins that link the cytoskeleton to the cell membrane. The encoded protein functions in neurons to promote dendritic growth. Alternative splicing results in multiple transcript variants. [provided by RefSeq, Nov 2013]
GeneCards Summary for FARP1 Gene
FARP1 (FERM, ARH/RhoGEF And Pleckstrin Domain Protein 1) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Regulation of RhoA activity. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include Rho guanyl-nucleotide exchange factor activity and Rac GTPase binding. An important paralog of this gene is FARP2.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for FARP1 Gene
Functions as guanine nucleotide exchange factor for RAC1. May play a role in semaphorin signaling. Plays a role in the assembly and disassembly of dendritic filopodia, the formation of dendritic spines, regulation of dendrite length and ultimately the formation of synapses (By similarity).