Aliases for ELFN1 Gene
- Extracellular Leucine Rich Repeat And Fibronectin Type III Domain Containing 1 2 3 5
- Extracellular Leucine-Rich Repeat And Fibronectin Type-III Domain-Containing Protein 1 3 4
- Extracellular Leucine-Rich Repeat And Fibronectin Type III Containing 1 2 3
- Protein Phosphatase 1 Regulatory Subunit 28 3 4
- Protein ELFN1 3 4
- PPP1R28 3 4
- Protein Phosphatase 1, Regulatory Subunit 28 2
External Ids for ELFN1 Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for ELFN1 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for ELFN1 Gene
GeneCards Summary for ELFN1 Gene
ELFN1 (Extracellular Leucine Rich Repeat And Fibronectin Type III Domain Containing 1) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with ELFN1 include Granular Cell Carcinoma and Developmental Coordination Disorder. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include phosphatase binding and protein phosphatase inhibitor activity. An important paralog of this gene is ELFN2.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for ELFN1 Gene
Postsynaptic protein that regulates circuit dynamics in the central nervous system by modulating the temporal dynamics of interneuron recruitment. Specifically present in excitatory synapses onto oriens-lacunosum molecular (OLM) interneurons and acts as a regulator of presynaptic release probability to direct the formation of highly facilitating pyramidal-OLM synapses (By similarity). Inhibits phosphatase activity of protein phosphatase 1 (PP1) complexes.