Aliases for EIPR1 Gene
- EARP Complex And GARP Complex Interacting Protein 1 2 3 5
- Tumor-Suppressing Subchromosomal Transferable Fragment Candidate Gene 1 Protein 3 4
- Endosome-Associated Recycling Protein-Interacting Protein 3 4
- Golgi-Associated Retrograde Protein-Interacting Protein 3 4
- Tumor Suppressing Subtransferable Candidate 1 2 3
- EARP And GARP Complex-Interacting Protein 1 3 4
External Ids for EIPR1 Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for EIPR1 Gene
This gene has been reported in PMID 9403053 as one of several tumor-suppressing subtransferable fragments located in the imprinted gene domain of 11p15.5, an important tumor-suppressor gene region. Alterations in this region have been associated with the Beckwith-Wiedemann syndrome, Wilms tumor, rhabdomyosarcoma, adrenocortical carcinoma, and lung, ovarian, and breast cancer. Alignment of this gene to genomic sequence data suggests that this gene resides on chromosome 2 rather than chromosome 11. [provided by RefSeq, Dec 2008]
GeneCards Summary for EIPR1 Gene
EIPR1 (EARP Complex And GARP Complex Interacting Protein 1) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with EIPR1 include Beckwith-Wiedemann Syndrome.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for EIPR1 Gene
Acts as a component of endosomal retrieval machinery that is involved in protein transport from early endosomes to either recycling endosomes or the trans-Golgi network. Mediates the recruitment of Golgi-associated retrograde protein (GARP) complex to the trans-Golgi network and controls early endosome-to-Golgi transport of internalized protein. Promotes the recycling of internalized transferrin receptor (TFRC) to the plasma membrane through interaction with endosome-associated recycling protein (EARP) complex.