Aliases for EID3 Gene
- EP300 Interacting Inhibitor Of Differentiation 3 2 3 5
- Non-Structural Maintenance Of Chromosomes Element 4 Homolog B 3 4
- EP300-Interacting Inhibitor Of Differentiation 3 3 4
- EID-1-Like Inhibitor Of Differentiation 3 3 4
- E1A-Like Inhibitor Of Differentiation 3 3 4
- Non-SMC Element 4 Homolog B 3 4
- NSE4 Homolog B 2 3
External Ids for EID3 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for EID3 Gene
GeneCards Summary for EID3 Gene
EID3 (EP300 Interacting Inhibitor Of Differentiation 3) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Metabolism of proteins and SUMOylation. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include identical protein binding. An important paralog of this gene is NSMCE4A.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for EID3 Gene
Tissue-specific component of the SMC5-SMC6 complex, a complex involved in repair of DNA double-strand breaks by homologous recombination. The complex may promote sister chromatid homologous recombination by recruiting the SMC1-SMC3 cohesin complex to double-strand breaks. The complex is required for telomere maintenance via recombination and mediates sumoylation of shelterin complex (telosome) components.
Acts as a repressor of nuclear receptor-dependent transcription possibly by interfering with CREBBP-dependent coactivation. May function as a coinhibitor of other CREBBP/EP300-dependent transcription factors.