Aliases for EEFSEC Gene
- Eukaryotic Elongation Factor, Selenocysteine-TRNA Specific 2 3 5
- Selenocysteine (Sec)-Specific Eukaryotic Elongation Factor 2 3
- Elongation Factor For Selenoprotein Translation 2 3
- Elongation Factor Sec 3 4
- SELB 3 4
- Eukaryotic Elongation Factor, Selenocysteine-TRNA-Specific 4
- Selenocysteine-Specific Elongation Factor 3
- EFSEC 3
External Ids for EEFSEC Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for EEFSEC Gene
GeneCards Summary for EEFSEC Gene
EEFSEC (Eukaryotic Elongation Factor, Selenocysteine-TRNA Specific) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Metabolism and Viral mRNA Translation. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include GTP binding and tRNA binding. An important paralog of this gene is TUFM.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for EEFSEC Gene
Translation factor necessary for the incorporation of selenocysteine into proteins. It probably replaces EF-Tu for the insertion of selenocysteine directed by the UGA codon. SelB binds GTP and GDP.