Aliases for EDIL3 Gene
- EGF Like Repeats And Discoidin Domains 3 2 3 5
- DEL1 2 3 4
- EGF-Like Repeat And Discoidin I-Like Domain-Containing Protein 3 3 4
- Developmentally-Regulated Endothelial Cell Locus 1 Protein 3 4
- EGF-Like Repeats And Discoidin I-Like Domains 3 2 3
- Integrin-Binding Protein DEL1 3 4
- Developmental Endothelial Locus-1 3
- EDIL3 5
External Ids for EDIL3 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for EDIL3 Gene
The protein encoded by this gene is an integrin ligand. It plays an important role in mediating angiogenesis and may be important in vessel wall remodeling and development. It also influences endothelial cell behavior. [provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008]
GeneCards Summary for EDIL3 Gene
EDIL3 (EGF Like Repeats And Discoidin Domains 3) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with EDIL3 include Acute Pericementitis. Among its related pathways are Autophagy Pathway and Actin Dynamics Signaling Pathway. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include calcium ion binding and integrin binding. An important paralog of this gene is MFGE8.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for EDIL3 Gene
Promotes adhesion of endothelial cells through interaction with the alpha-v/beta-3 integrin receptor. Inhibits formation of vascular-like structures. May be involved in regulation of vascular morphogenesis of remodeling in embryonic development.