Aliases for DPH3 Gene
- Diphthamide Biosynthesis 3 2 3 5
- CSL-Type Zinc Finger-Containing Protein 2 3 4
- DPH3 Homolog (KTI11, S. Cerevisiae) 2 3
- Zinc Finger, CSL-Type Containing 2 2 3
- DelGEF-Interacting Protein 1 3 4
- ZCSL2 3 4
- DESR1 3 4
- Deafness Locus Putative Guanine Nucleotide Exchange Factor Interacting Protein 1 3
- Diphtheria Toxin And Pseudomonas Exotoxin A Sensitivity Required Gene 1 3
- DPH3A, KTI11 Homolog A (S. Cerevisiae) 2
- Zinc Finger, CSL Domain Containing 2 3
External Ids for DPH3 Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for DPH3 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for DPH3 Gene
This gene encodes a CSL zinc finger-containing protein that is required for dipthamide biosynthesis. The encoded protein is necessary for the initial step in the modification of a histidine residue in elongation factor-2 to diphthamide. This modified residue is a target for ADP ribosylation by the bacterial toxins diphtheria toxin and Pseudomonas exotoxin A. Alternative splicing results in multiple transcript variants that encode the same isoform. [provided by RefSeq, Feb 2009]
GeneCards Summary for DPH3 Gene
DPH3 (Diphthamide Biosynthesis 3) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with DPH3 include Diphtheria and Keratosis, Seborrheic. Among its related pathways are Metabolism of proteins and Gamma carboxylation, hypusine formation and arylsulfatase activation.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for DPH3 Gene
Essential for the first step in the synthesis of diphthamide, a post-translational modification of histidine which occurs in elongation factor 2 (EEF2) and which can be ADP-ribosylated by diphtheria toxin and by Pseudomonas exotoxin A (Eta).
Down-regulation increases extracellular release of proteoglycans, indicating a possible role in the secretion process. Stimulates binding of GNEFR to SEC5.