Aliases for DNAJB13 Gene
- DnaJ Heat Shock Protein Family (Hsp40) Member B13 2 3 5
- TSARG6 2 3 4
- Testis Spermatogenesis Apoptosis-Related Gene 3 Protein 3 4
- Testis Spermatogenesis Apoptosis-Related Gene 6 Protein 3 4
- Testis Spermatocyte Apoptosis-Related Gene 6 Protein 3 4
- Testis And Spermatogenesis Cell-Related Protein 6 3 4
- DnaJ (Hsp40) Related, Subfamily B, Member 13 2 3
- DnaJ (Hsp40) Homolog, Subfamily B, Member 13 2 3
External Ids for DNAJB13 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for DNAJB13 Gene
This gene encodes a member of the heat shock protein 40 co-chaperone family which is produced in large amounts in the testis and is located on the radial spokes of the axoneme in human sperm flagella and other flagellar structures. The encoded protein associates with the sperm annulus, as part of the septin complex, through direct interaction with septin 4, during sperm terminal differentiation. Naturally occurring mutations in this gene are associated with primary ciliary dyskinesia and male infertility. [provided by RefSeq, Apr 2017]
GeneCards Summary for DNAJB13 Gene
DNAJB13 (DnaJ Heat Shock Protein Family (Hsp40) Member B13) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with DNAJB13 include Ciliary Dyskinesia, Primary, 34 and Primary Ciliary Dyskinesia. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include unfolded protein binding. An important paralog of this gene is DNAJB1.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for DNAJB13 Gene
Plays a role in the formation of the central complex of ciliary and flagellar axonemes.