Aliases for DMAC2L Gene
- Distal Membrane Arm Assembly Component 2 Like 2 3
- Distal Membrane Arm Assembly Complex 2 Like 2 3 5
- ATPW 2 3 4
- ATP Synthase, H+ Transporting, Mitochondrial F0 Complex, Subunit S (Factor B) 2 3
- ATP Synthase, H+ Transporting, Mitochondrial Fo Complex Subunit S (Factor B) 2 3
- Mitochondrial ATP Synthase Regulatory Component Factor B 3 4
- Distal Membrane Arm Assembly Complex 2-Like Protein 3 4
- ATP Synthase Subunit S, Mitochondrial 3 4
External Ids for DMAC2L Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for DMAC2L Gene
This gene encodes a subunit of mitochondrial ATP synthase. Mitochondrial ATP synthase catalyzes ATP synthesis, utilizing an electrochemical gradient of protons across the inner membrane during oxidative phosphorylation. ATP synthase is composed of two linked multi-subunit complexes: the soluble catalytic core, F1, and the membrane-spanning component, Fo, comprising the proton channel. This gene encodes the subunit s, also known as factor B, of the proton channel. This subunit is necessary for the energy transduction activity of the ATP synthase complexes. Alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been identified. [provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008]
GeneCards Summary for DMAC2L Gene
DMAC2L (Distal Membrane Arm Assembly Component 2 Like) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with DMAC2L include L-2-Hydroxyglutaric Aciduria and 2-Hydroxyglutaric Aciduria. Among its related pathways are purine nucleotides de novo biosynthesis and Respiratory electron transport, ATP synthesis by chemiosmotic coupling, and heat production by uncoupling proteins..
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for DMAC2L Gene
Involved in regulation of mitochondrial membrane ATP synthase. Necessary for H(+) conduction of ATP synthase. Facilitates energy-driven catalysis of ATP synthesis by blocking a proton leak through an alternative proton exit pathway.