Aliases for DDI2 Gene
- DNA Damage Inducible 1 Homolog 2 2 3 5
- Protein DDI1 Homolog 2 3 4
- DDI1, DNA-Damage Inducible 1, Homolog 2 (S. Cerevisiae) 2
- DNA-Damage Inducible 1 Homolog 2 (S. Cerevisiae) 2
- DDI1, DNA-Damage Inducible 1, Homolog 2 3
- DNA-Damage Inducible Protein 2 (DDI2) 3
- DNA-Damage Inducible 1 Homolog 2 2
- EC 3.4.23.- 4
External Ids for DDI2 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for DDI2 Gene
GeneCards Summary for DDI2 Gene
DDI2 (DNA Damage Inducible 1 Homolog 2) is a Protein Coding gene. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include aspartic-type endopeptidase activity. An important paralog of this gene is DDI1.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for DDI2 Gene
Aspartic protease that mediates the cleavage of NFE2L1/NRF1 at 'Leu-104', thereby promoting release of NFE2L1/NRF1 from the endoplasmic reticulum membrane (PubMed:27676298, PubMed:27528193). Ubiquitination of NFE2L1/NRF1 is a prerequisite for cleavage, suggesting that DDI2 specifically recognizes and binds ubiquitinated NFE2L1/NRF1 (PubMed:27528193). Seems to act as a proteasomal shuttle which links the proteasome and replication fork proteins like RTF2 (Probable). Required, with DDI1, for cellular survival following replication stress. Together or redudantly with DDI1, removes RTF2 from stalled forks to allow cell cycle progression after replication stress and maintains genome integrity (PubMed:29290612).