Aliases for DCUN1D1 Gene
- Defective In Cullin Neddylation 1 Domain Containing 1 2 3 5
- Defective In Cullin Neddylation Protein 1-Like Protein 1 3 4
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma-Related Oncogene 3 4
- DCUN1 Domain-Containing Protein 1 3 4
- DCUN1L1 3 4
- SCCRO 3 4
- RP42 3 4
- DCN1, Defective In Cullin Neddylation 1, Domain Containing 1 (S. Cerevisiae) 2
- DCN1, Defective In Cullin Neddylation 1, Domain Containing 1 3
External Ids for DCUN1D1 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for DCUN1D1 Gene
GeneCards Summary for DCUN1D1 Gene
DCUN1D1 (Defective In Cullin Neddylation 1 Domain Containing 1) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with DCUN1D1 include Squamous Cell Carcinoma Of The Oral Tongue and Squamous Cell Carcinoma. An important paralog of this gene is MCCC1.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for DCUN1D1 Gene
Part of an E3 ubiquitin ligase complex for neddylation. Promotes neddylation of cullin components of E3 cullin-RING ubiquitin ligase complexes. Acts by binding to cullin-RBX1 complexes in the cytoplasm and promoting their nuclear translocation, enhancing recruitment of E2-NEDD8 (UBE2M-NEDD8) thioester to the complex, and optimizing the orientation of proteins in the complex to allow efficient transfer of NEDD8 from the E2 to the cullin substrates. Involved in the release of inhibitory effets of CAND1 on cullin-RING ligase E3 complex assembly and activity (PubMed:25349211, PubMed:28581483). Acts also as an oncogene facilitating malignant transformation and carcinogenic progression (By similarity).