Aliases for DACT2 Gene
- Dishevelled Binding Antagonist Of Beta Catenin 2 2 3 5
- Dapper Antagonist Of Catenin 2 3 4
- C6orf116 3 4
- Dapper, Antagonist Of Beta-Catenin, Homolog 2 (Xenopus Laevis) 2
- Dapper Homolog 2, Antagonist Of Beta-Catenin (Xenopus) 2
- Dapper, Antagonist Of Beta-Catenin, Homolog 2 3
- Dapper Homolog 2, Antagonist Of Beta-Catenin 3
External Ids for DACT2 Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for DACT2 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for DACT2 Gene
GeneCards Summary for DACT2 Gene
DACT2 (Dishevelled Binding Antagonist Of Beta Catenin 2) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with DACT2 include Pilocytic Astrocytoma. Among its related pathways are TGF-beta receptor signaling (Pathway Interaction Database). Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include transcription factor binding and protein kinase C binding. An important paralog of this gene is DACT1.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for DACT2 Gene
Involved in regulation of intracellular signaling pathways during development. Negatively regulates the Nodal signaling pathway, possibly by promoting the lysosomal degradation of Nodal receptors, such as TGFBR1. May be involved in control of the morphogenetic behavior of kidney ureteric bud cells by keeping cells epithelial and restraining their mesenchymal character. May play an inhibitory role in the re-epithelialization of skin wounds by attenuating TGF-beta signaling (By similarity).