Aliases for CTDSP2 Gene
- CTD Small Phosphatase 2 2 3 5
- Nuclear LIM Interactor-Interacting Factor 2 2 3 4
- NLI-Interacting Factor 2 2 3 4
- Small CTD Phosphatase 2 2 3 4
- CTD (Carboxy-Terminal Domain, RNA Polymerase II, Polypeptide A) Small Phosphatase 2 2 3
- Carboxy-Terminal Domain RNA Polymerase II Polypeptide A Small Phosphatase 2 3 4
- Conserved Gene Amplified In Osteosarcoma 2 3
- Small C-Terminal Domain Phosphatase 2 3 4
External Ids for CTDSP2 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for CTDSP2 Gene
GeneCards Summary for CTDSP2 Gene
CTDSP2 (CTD Small Phosphatase 2) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Signaling by BMP and Coregulation of Androgen receptor activity. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include phosphatase activity and RNA polymerase II CTD heptapeptide repeat phosphatase activity. An important paralog of this gene is CTDSPL.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for CTDSP2 Gene
Preferentially catalyzes the dephosphorylation of 'Ser-5' within the tandem 7 residue repeats in the C-terminal domain (CTD) of the largest RNA polymerase II subunit POLR2A. Negatively regulates RNA polymerase II transcription, possibly by controlling the transition from initiation/capping to processive transcript elongation. Recruited by REST to neuronal genes that contain RE-1 elements, leading to neuronal gene silencing in non-neuronal cells. May contribute to the development of sarcomas.