Aliases for CTDSP2 Gene
- CTD Small Phosphatase 2 2 3 5
- Nuclear LIM Interactor-Interacting Factor 2 2 3 4
- NLI-Interacting Factor 2 2 3 4
- Small CTD Phosphatase 2 2 3 4
- CTD (Carboxy-Terminal Domain, RNA Polymerase II, Polypeptide A) Small Phosphatase 2 2 3
- Conserved Gene Amplified In Osteosarcoma 2 3
- Small C-Terminal Domain Phosphatase 2 3 4
- Protein OS-4 3 4
External Ids for CTDSP2 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for CTDSP2 Gene
GeneCards Summary for CTDSP2 Gene
CTDSP2 (CTD Small Phosphatase 2) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Coregulation of Androgen receptor activity and Regulation of cytoplasmic and nuclear SMAD2/3 signaling. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include phosphatase activity and CTD phosphatase activity. An important paralog of this gene is CTDSPL.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for CTDSP2 Gene
Preferentially catalyzes the dephosphorylation of Ser-5 within the tandem 7 residue repeats in the C-terminal domain (CTD) of the largest RNA polymerase II subunit POLR2A. Negatively regulates RNA polymerase II transcription, possibly by controlling the transition from initiation/capping to processive transcript elongation. Recruited by REST to neuronal genes that contain RE-1 elements, leading to neuronal gene silencing in non-neuronal cells. May contribute to the development of sarcomas.