Aliases for CPSF2 Gene
- Cleavage And Polyadenylation Specific Factor 2 2 3 5
- Cleavage And Polyadenylation Specificity Factor 100 KDa Subunit 3 4
- Cleavage And Polyadenylation Specificity Factor Subunit 2 3 4
- Cleavage And Polyadenylation Specific Factor 2, 100kDa 2 3
- CPSF 100 KDa Subunit 3 4
- CPSF100 3 4
- Cleavage And Polyadenylation Specific Factor 2, 100kD Subunit 2
- CPSF 100kDa Subunit 3
- KIAA1367 4
External Ids for CPSF2 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for CPSF2 Gene
GeneCards Summary for CPSF2 Gene
CPSF2 (Cleavage And Polyadenylation Specific Factor 2) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Transport of Mature Transcript to Cytoplasm and Transport of the SLBP independent Mature mRNA. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include RNA binding. An important paralog of this gene is CPSF3.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for CPSF2 Gene
Component of the cleavage and polyadenylation specificity factor (CPSF) complex that play a key role in pre-mRNA 3'-end formation, recognizing the AAUAAA signal sequence and interacting with poly(A) polymerase and other factors to bring about cleavage and poly(A) addition. Involved in the histone 3' end pre-mRNA processing.