Aliases for COX18 Gene
- COX18, Cytochrome C Oxidase Assembly Factor 2 3 5
- Cytochrome C Oxidase Assembly Protein 18 3 4
- COX18 Cytochrome C Oxidase Assembly Homolog (S. Cerevisiae) 2
- Cytochrome C Oxidase Assembly Protein COX18, Mitochondrial 3
- Cytochrome C Oxidase Assembly Homolog 18 (Yeast) 2
- Mitochondrial Inner Membrane Protein COX18 3
External Ids for COX18 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for COX18 Gene
This gene encodes a cytochrome c oxidase assembly protein. The encoded protein is essential for integral membrane protein insertion into the mitochondrial inner membrane. It is also required for cytochrome c oxidase assembly and activity. Alternative splicing results in multiple transcript variants. [provided by RefSeq, Jul 2014]
GeneCards Summary for COX18 Gene
COX18 (COX18, Cytochrome C Oxidase Assembly Factor) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Gene Expression and Metabolism. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include protein transporter activity. An important paralog of this gene is OXA1L.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for COX18 Gene
Mitochondrial membrane insertase required for the translocation of the C-terminus of cytochrome c oxidase subunit II (MT-CO2/COX2) across the mitochondrial inner membrane. Plays a role in MT-CO2/COX2 maturation following the COX20-mediated stabilization of newly synthesized MT-CO2/COX2 protein and before the action of the metallochaperones SCO1/2. Essential for the assembly and stability of the mitochondrial respiratory chain complex IV (also known as cytochrome c oxidase).