Aliases for COQ5 Gene
- Coenzyme Q5, Methyltransferase 2 3 5
- 2-Methoxy-6-Polyprenyl-1,4-Benzoquinol Methylase, Mitochondrial 3 4
- Ubiquinone Biosynthesis Methyltransferase COQ5, Mitochondrial 3
- Coenzyme Q5 Homolog, Methyltransferase (S. Cerevisiae) 2
- 2-Methoxy-6-Polyprenyl-1,4-Benzoquinol Methylase 2
- Coenzyme Q5 Homolog, Methyltransferase (Yeast) 2
External Ids for COQ5 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for COQ5 Gene
GeneCards Summary for COQ5 Gene
COQ5 (Coenzyme Q5, Methyltransferase) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with COQ5 include Coenzyme Q10 Deficiency, Primary, 4 and Coenzyme Q10 Deficiency Disease. Among its related pathways are Metabolism and Ubiquinol biosynthesis. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include methyltransferase activity and S-adenosylmethionine-dependent methyltransferase activity. An important paralog of this gene is METTL7A.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for COQ5 Gene
Methyltransferase required for the conversion of 2-polyprenyl-6-methoxy-1,4-benzoquinol (DDMQH2) to 2-polyprenyl-3-methyl-6-methoxy-1,4-benzoquinol (DMQH2).