Aliases for CMTM4 Gene
- CKLF Like MARVEL Transmembrane Domain Containing 4 2 3 5
- Chemokine-Like Factor Superfamily Member 4 3 4
- Chemokine-Like Factor Super Family 4 2 3
- CKLFSF4 3 4
- CKLF-Like MARVEL Transmembrane Domain-Containing Protein 4 3
- CKLF-Like MARVEL Transmembrane Domain Containing 4 2
- Chemokine-Like Factor Superfamily 4 2
External Ids for CMTM4 Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for CMTM4 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for CMTM4 Gene
This gene belongs to the chemokine-like factor gene superfamily, a novel family that is similar to the chemokine and the transmembrane 4 superfamilies of signaling molecules. This gene is one of several chemokine-like factor genes located in a cluster on chromosome 16. Alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been identified. [provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008]
GeneCards Summary for CMTM4 Gene
CMTM4 (CKLF Like MARVEL Transmembrane Domain Containing 4) is a Protein Coding gene. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include cytokine activity. An important paralog of this gene is CMTM6.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for CMTM4 Gene
Acts as a backup for CMTM6 to regulate plasma membrane expression of PD-L1/CD274, an immune inhibitory ligand critical for immune tolerance to self and antitumor immunity. May protect PD-L1/CD274 from being polyubiquitinated and targeted for degradation.