Aliases for CLPP Gene
- Caseinolytic Mitochondrial Matrix Peptidase Proteolytic Subunit 2 3 5
- Endopeptidase Clp 3 4
- ClpP (Caseinolytic Protease, ATP-Dependent, Proteolytic Subunit, E. Coli) Homolog 2
- ClpP Caseinolytic Peptidase, ATP-Dependent, Proteolytic Subunit Homolog (E. Coli) 2
- ClpP Caseinolytic Protease, ATP-Dependent, Proteolytic Subunit Homolog (E. Coli) 2
- ClpP Caseinolytic Peptidase, ATP-Dependent, Proteolytic Subunit Homolog 3
- ClpP Caseinolytic Protease, ATP-Dependent, Proteolytic Subunit Homolog 3
- Putative ATP-Dependent Clp Protease Proteolytic Subunit, Mitochondrial 3
External Ids for CLPP Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for CLPP Gene
The protein encoded by this gene belongs to the peptidase family S14 and hydrolyzes proteins into small peptides in the presence of ATP and magnesium. The protein is transported into mitochondrial matrix and is associated with the inner mitochondrial membrane. [provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008]
GeneCards Summary for CLPP Gene
CLPP (Caseinolytic Mitochondrial Matrix Peptidase Proteolytic Subunit) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with CLPP include Perrault Syndrome 3 and Perrault Syndrome. Among its related pathways are Glucose / Energy Metabolism and Neuroscience. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include identical protein binding and peptidase activity.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for CLPP Gene
Protease component of the Clp complex that cleaves peptides and various proteins in an ATP-dependent process. Has low peptidase activity in the absence of CLPX. The Clp complex can degrade CSN1S1, CSN2 and CSN3, as well as synthetic peptides (in vitro) and may be responsible for a fairly general and central housekeeping function rather than for the degradation of specific substrates.