Aliases for CHRNA10 Gene
- Cholinergic Receptor Nicotinic Alpha 10 Subunit 2 3 5
- Acetylcholine Receptor, Nicotinic, Alpha 10 (Neuronal) 2 3
- Cholinergic Receptor, Nicotinic, Alpha Polypeptide 10 2 3
- Cholinergic Receptor, Nicotinic, Alpha 10 (Neuronal) 2 3
- Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor Subunit Alpha-10 3 4
- Cholinergic Receptor, Nicotinic Alpha 10 2 3
- NACHR Alpha-10 3 4
- Neuronal Acetylcholine Receptor Subunit Alpha-10 3
- NACHRA10 4
External Ids for CHRNA10 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for CHRNA10 Gene
GeneCards Summary for CHRNA10 Gene
CHRNA10 (Cholinergic Receptor Nicotinic Alpha 10 Subunit) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Peptide ligand-binding receptors and CREB Pathway. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include signaling receptor binding and extracellular ligand-gated ion channel activity. An important paralog of this gene is CHRNA9.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for CHRNA10 Gene
Ionotropic receptor with a probable role in the modulation of auditory stimuli. Agonist binding may induce an extensive change in conformation that affects all subunits and leads to opening of an ion-conducting channel across the plasma membrane. The channel is permeable to a range of divalent cations including calcium, the influx of which may activate a potassium current which hyperpolarizes the cell membrane. In the ear, this may lead to a reduction in basilar membrane motion, altering the activity of auditory nerve fibers and reducing the range of dynamic hearing. This may protect against acoustic trauma.