Aliases for CACNG1 Gene
- Calcium Voltage-Gated Channel Auxiliary Subunit Gamma 1 2 3 5
- Dihydropyridine-Sensitive L-Type, Skeletal Muscle Calcium Channel Subunit Gamma 3 4
- Calcium Channel, Voltage-Dependent, Gamma Subunit 1 2 3
- Voltage-Dependent Calcium Channel Gamma-1 Subunit 3 4
- CACNLG 3 4
- Neuronal Dihydropyridine-Sensitive Calcium Channel Gamma Subunit 3
- L-Type Calcium Channel Gamma Polypeptide 3
External Ids for CACNG1 Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for CACNG1 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for CACNG1 Gene
Voltage-dependent calcium channels are composed of five subunits. The protein encoded by this gene represents one of these subunits, gamma, and is one of two known gamma subunit proteins. This particular gamma subunit is part of skeletal muscle 1,4-dihydropyridine-sensitive calcium channels and is an integral membrane protein that plays a role in excitation-contraction coupling. This gene is part of a functionally diverse eight-member protein subfamily of the PMP-22/EMP/MP20 family and is located in a cluster with two family members that function as transmembrane AMPA receptor regulatory proteins (TARPs). [provided by RefSeq, Dec 2010]
GeneCards Summary for CACNG1 Gene
CACNG1 (Calcium Voltage-Gated Channel Auxiliary Subunit Gamma 1) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with CACNG1 include Malignant Hyperthermia Susceptibility and Malignant Hyperthermia. Among its related pathways are Activation of cAMP-Dependent PKA and Phase 0 - rapid depolarisation. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include voltage-gated calcium channel activity. An important paralog of this gene is CACNG6.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for CACNG1 Gene
Regulatory subunit of the voltage-gated calcium channel that gives rise to L-type calcium currents in skeletal muscle. Regulates channel inactivation kinetics.