Aliases for BTAF1 Gene
- B-TFIID TATA-Box Binding Protein Associated Factor 1 2 3 5
- B-TFIID Transcription Factor-Associated 170 KDa Subunit 3 4
- TATA-Binding Protein-Associated Factor 172 3 4
- ATP-Dependent Helicase BTAF1 3 4
- TBP-Associated Factor 172 3 4
- TAF(II)170 3 4
- TAF172 3 4
- BTAF1 RNA Polymerase II, B-TFIID Transcription Factor-Associated, 170kDa (Mot1 Homolog, S. Cerevisiae) 3
External Ids for BTAF1 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for BTAF1 Gene
This gene encodes a TAF (TATA box-binding protein-associated factor), which associates with TBP (TATA box-binding protein) to form the B-TFIID complex that is required for transcription initiation of genes by RNA polymerase II. This TAF has DNA-dependent ATPase activity, which drives the dissociation of TBP from DNA, freeing the TBP to associate with other TATA boxes or TATA-less promoters. [provided by RefSeq, Sep 2011]
GeneCards Summary for BTAF1 Gene
BTAF1 (B-TFIID TATA-Box Binding Protein Associated Factor 1) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with BTAF1 include Epilepsy, Familial Temporal Lobe, 1. Among its related pathways are Chromatin Regulation / Acetylation and Mesodermal Commitment Pathway. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include DNA-binding transcription factor activity and helicase activity. An important paralog of this gene is EP400.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for BTAF1 Gene
Regulates transcription in association with TATA binding protein (TBP). Removes TBP from the TATA box in an ATP-dependent manner.