Aliases for APOBEC4 Gene
- Apolipoprotein B MRNA Editing Enzyme Catalytic Polypeptide Like 4 2 3 5
- Apolipoprotein B MRNA Editing Enzyme, Catalytic Polypeptide-Like 4 (Putative) 2 3
- Putative C->U-Editing Enzyme APOBEC-4 3 4
- C1orf169 3 4
- Apolipoprotein B MRNA-Editing Enzyme Catalytic Polypeptide-Like 4 4
- Chromosome 1 Open Reading Frame 169 2
- EC 3.5.4.- 4
External Ids for APOBEC4 Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for APOBEC4 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for APOBEC4 Gene
This gene encodes a member of the AID/APOBEC family of polynucleotide (deoxy)cytidine deaminases, which convert cytidine to uridine. Other AID/APOBEC family members are involved in mRNA editing, somatic hypermutation and recombination of immunoglobulin genes, and innate immunity to retroviral infection. [provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008]
GeneCards Summary for APOBEC4 Gene
APOBEC4 (Apolipoprotein B MRNA Editing Enzyme Catalytic Polypeptide Like 4) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with APOBEC4 include Immunodeficiency With Hyper-Igm, Type 2. Among its related pathways are Formation of the Editosome and Gene Expression. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include hydrolase activity, acting on carbon-nitrogen (but not peptide) bonds, in cyclic amidines.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for APOBEC4 Gene
Putative C to U editing enzyme whose physiological substrate is not yet known.