Aliases for APBA3 Gene
- Amyloid Beta Precursor Protein Binding Family A Member 3 2 3 5
- Amyloid-Beta A4 Precursor Protein-Binding Family A Member 3 3 4
- Neuronal Munc18-1-Interacting Protein 3 3 4
- Neuron-Specific X11L2 Protein 3 4
- Adapter Protein X11gamma 3 4
- Mint-3 3 4
- X11L2 3 4
- Amyloid Beta (A4) Precursor Protein-Binding, Family A, Member 3 (X11-Like 2) 3
External Ids for APBA3 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for APBA3 Gene
The protein encoded by this gene is a member of the X11 protein family. It is an adapter protein that interacts with the Alzheimer's disease amyloid precursor protein. This gene product is believed to be involved in signal transduction processes. This gene is a candidate gene for Alzheimer's disease. [provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008]
GeneCards Summary for APBA3 Gene
APBA3 (Amyloid Beta Precursor Protein Binding Family A Member 3) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with APBA3 include Alzheimer Disease. Among its related pathways are Transmission across Chemical Synapses and Protein-protein interactions at synapses. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include enzyme binding and amyloid-beta binding. An important paralog of this gene is APBA1.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for APBA3 Gene
May modulate processing of the amyloid-beta precursor protein (APP) and hence formation of APP-beta. May enhance the activity of HIF1A in macrophages by inhibiting the activity of HIF1AN.