Aliases for ANP32B Gene
- Acidic Nuclear Phosphoprotein 32 Family Member B 2 3 5
- Acidic Protein Rich In Leucines 2 3 4
- Acidic (Leucine-Rich) Nuclear Phosphoprotein 32 Family, Member B 2 3
- Acidic Leucine-Rich Nuclear Phosphoprotein 32 Family Member B 3 4
- Putative HLA-DR-Associated Protein I-2 3 4
- Silver-Stainable Protein SSP29 3 4
- PHAPI2 3 4
- APRIL 3 4
- SSP29 3
External Ids for ANP32B Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for ANP32B Gene
GeneCards Summary for ANP32B Gene
ANP32B (Acidic Nuclear Phosphoprotein 32 Family Member B) is a Protein Coding gene. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include histone binding and RNA polymerase binding. An important paralog of this gene is ANP32A.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for ANP32B Gene
Multifunctional protein working as a cell cycle progression factor as well as a cell survival factor. Required for the progression from the G1 to the S phase. Anti-apoptotic protein which functions as a caspase-3 inhibitor. Has no phosphatase 2A (PP2A) inhibitor activity (By similarity). Exhibits histone chaperone properties, stimulating core histones to assemble into a nucleosome.