Aliases for AIMP2 Gene
- Aminoacyl TRNA Synthetase Complex Interacting Multifunctional Protein 2 2 3 5
- Multisynthase Complex Auxiliary Component P38 3 4
- Protein JTV-1 3 4
- JTV1 3 4
- Aminoacyl TRNA Synthase Complex-Interacting Multifunctional Protein 2 3
- Multisynthetase Complex Auxiliary Component P38 3
- ARS-Interacting Multi-Functional Protein 2 3
- JTV-1 3
- P38 3
The protein encoded by this gene is part of the aminoacyl-tRNA synthetase complex, which contains nine different aminoacyl-tRNA synthetases and three non-enzymatic factors. The encoded protein is one of the non-enzymatic factors and is required for assembly and stability of the complex. [provided by RefSeq, May 2016]
GeneCards Summary for AIMP2 Gene
AIMP2 (Aminoacyl TRNA Synthetase Complex Interacting Multifunctional Protein 2) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with AIMP2 include Leukodystrophy, Hypomyelinating, 3. Among its related pathways are Gene Expression and tRNA Aminoacylation.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for AIMP2 Gene
Required for assembly and stability of the aminoacyl-tRNA synthase complex (PubMed:19131329). Mediates ubiquitination and degradation of FUBP1, a transcriptional activator of MYC, leading to MYC down-regulation which is required for aveolar type II cell differentiation. Blocks MDM2-mediated ubiquitination and degradation of p53/TP53. Functions as a proapoptotic factor.