Aliases for AGPAT4 Gene
- 1-Acylglycerol-3-Phosphate O-Acyltransferase 4 2 3 4 5
- 1-Acylglycerol-3-Phosphate O-Acyltransferase 4 (Lysophosphatidic Acid Acyltransferase, Delta) 2 3
- Lysophosphatidic Acid Acyltransferase Delta 3 4
- 1-AGP Acyltransferase 4 3 4
- LPAAT-Delta 3 4
- 1-AGPAT 4 3 4
- Lysophosphatidic Acid Acyltransferase-Delta (LPAAT-Delta) 3
External Ids for AGPAT4 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for AGPAT4 Gene
This gene encodes a member of the 1-acylglycerol-3-phosphate O-acyltransferase family. This integral membrane protein converts lysophosphatidic acid to phosphatidic acid, the second step in de novo phospholipid biosynthesis. [provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008]
GeneCards Summary for AGPAT4 Gene
AGPAT4 (1-Acylglycerol-3-Phosphate O-Acyltransferase 4) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Acyl chain remodelling of PE and Glycerolipid metabolism. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include transferase activity, transferring acyl groups and 1-acylglycerol-3-phosphate O-acyltransferase activity. An important paralog of this gene is AGPAT3.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for AGPAT4 Gene
Converts lysophosphatidic acid (LPA) into phosphatidic acid by incorporating an acyl moiety at the sn-2 position of the glycerol backbone.