Aliases for ACSM3 Gene
- Acyl-CoA Synthetase Medium Chain Family Member 3 2 3 5
- Acyl-Coenzyme A Synthetase ACSM3, Mitochondrial 3 4
- SA (Rat Hypertension-Associated) Homolog 2 3
- Middle-Chain Acyl-CoA Synthetase 3 3 4
- Butyryl-Coenzyme A Synthetase 3 3 4
- Butyrate--CoA Ligase 3 3 4
- Propionate--CoA Ligase 3 4
- Protein SA Homolog 3 4
External Ids for ACSM3 Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for ACSM3 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for ACSM3 Gene
GeneCards Summary for ACSM3 Gene
ACSM3 (Acyl-CoA Synthetase Medium Chain Family Member 3) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with ACSM3 include Dental Anomalies And Short Stature. Among its related pathways are fatty acid beta-oxidation (peroxisome) and Mitochondrial Fatty Acid Beta-Oxidation. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include butyrate-CoA ligase activity and fatty acid ligase activity. An important paralog of this gene is ACSM4.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for ACSM3 Gene
Catalyzes the activation of fatty acids by CoA to produce an acyl-CoA, the first step in fatty acid metabolism (By similarity). Capable of activating medium-chain fatty acids with a preference for isobutyrate among fatty acids with 2-6 carbon atoms (By similarity).