Aliases for ACSM2B Gene
- Acyl-CoA Synthetase Medium Chain Family Member 2B 2 3 5
- Xenobiotic/Medium-Chain Fatty Acid-CoA Ligase HXM-A 3 4
- Acyl-CoA Synthetase Medium-Chain Family Member 2 2 3
- Middle-Chain Acyl-CoA Synthetase 2B 3 4
- Butyryl-Coenzyme A Synthetase 2B 3 4
- Butyrate--CoA Ligase 2B 3 4
- ACSM2 3 4
- Acyl-CoA Synthetase Medium-Chain Family Member 2B 4
External Ids for ACSM2B Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for ACSM2B Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for ACSM2B Gene
GeneCards Summary for ACSM2B Gene
ACSM2B (Acyl-CoA Synthetase Medium Chain Family Member 2B) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Metabolism and Valproic Acid Pathway, Pharmacokinetics. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include butyrate-CoA ligase activity. An important paralog of this gene is ACSM2A.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for ACSM2B Gene
Has medium-chain fatty acid:CoA ligase activity with broad substrate specificity (in vitro). Acts on acids from C(4) to C(11) and on the corresponding 3-hydroxy- and 2,3- or 3,4-unsaturated acids (in vitro).