Aliases for ACSM2B Gene
- Acyl-CoA Synthetase Medium Chain Family Member 2B 2 3 5
- Xenobiotic/Medium-Chain Fatty Acid-CoA Ligase HXM-A 3 4
- Acyl-Coenzyme A Synthetase ACSM2B, Mitochondrial 3 4
- Acyl-CoA Synthetase Medium-Chain Family Member 2 2 3
- Middle-Chain Acyl-CoA Synthetase 2B 3 4
- Butyryl-Coenzyme A Synthetase 2B 3 4
- Butyrate--CoA Ligase 2B 3 4
- Benzoate--CoA Ligase 3 4
External Ids for ACSM2B Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for ACSM2B Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for ACSM2B Gene
GeneCards Summary for ACSM2B Gene
ACSM2B (Acyl-CoA Synthetase Medium Chain Family Member 2B) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Amino Acid conjugation and Metabolism. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include butyrate-CoA ligase activity. An important paralog of this gene is ACSM2A.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for ACSM2B Gene
Catalyzes the activation of fatty acids by CoA to produce an acyl-CoA, the first step in fatty acid metabolism (PubMed:10434065, PubMed:12616642). Capable of activating medium-chain fatty acids (e.g. butyric (C4) to decanoic (C10) acids), and certain carboxylate-containing xenobiotics, e.g. benzoate (PubMed:10434065, PubMed:12616642).