Aliases for ACADS Gene
- Acyl-CoA Dehydrogenase Short Chain 2 3 5
- Acyl-Coenzyme A Dehydrogenase, C-2 To C-3 Short Chain 2 3
- Butyryl-CoA Dehydrogenase 3 4
- SCAD 3 4
- Short-Chain Specific Acyl-CoA Dehydrogenase, Mitochondrial 3
- Mitochondrial Short-Chain Specific Acyl-CoA Dehydrogenase 3
- Acyl-CoA Dehydrogenase, C-2 To C-3 Short Chain 3
External Ids for ACADS Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for ACADS Gene
This gene encodes a tetrameric mitochondrial flavoprotein, which is a member of the acyl-CoA dehydrogenase family. This enzyme catalyzes the initial step of the mitochondrial fatty acid beta-oxidation pathway. Mutations in this gene have been associated with short-chain acyl-CoA dehydrogenase (SCAD) deficiency. Alternative splicing results in two variants which encode different isoforms. [provided by RefSeq, Oct 2014]
GeneCards Summary for ACADS Gene
ACADS (Acyl-CoA Dehydrogenase Short Chain) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with ACADS include Acyl-Coa Dehydrogenase, Short-Chain, Deficiency Of and Acyl-Coa Dehydrogenase, Medium-Chain, Deficiency Of. Among its related pathways are Mitochondrial Fatty Acid Beta-Oxidation and Metabolism. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include flavin adenine dinucleotide binding and fatty-acyl-CoA binding. An important paralog of this gene is ACADSB.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for ACADS Gene
Introduces a double bond at position 2 in saturated acyl-CoAs of short chain length, i.e. less than 6 carbon atoms.