Aliases for BDH2 Gene
- 3-Hydroxybutyrate Dehydrogenase 2 2 3 5
- Short Chain Dehydrogenase/Reductase Family 15C Member 1 3 4
- Dehydrogenase/Reductase SDR Family Member 6 3 4
- 3-Hydroxybutyrate Dehydrogenase, Type 2 2 3
- 3-Hydroxybutyrate Dehydrogenase Type 2 3 4
- R-Beta-Hydroxybutyrate Dehydrogenase 3 4
- Oxidoreductase UCPA 3 4
- SDR15C1 3 4
External Ids for BDH2 Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for BDH2 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for BDH2 Gene
GeneCards Summary for BDH2 Gene
BDH2 (3-Hydroxybutyrate Dehydrogenase 2) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Ketone body metabolism and Metabolism. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include oxidoreductase activity and oxidoreductase activity, acting on the CH-CH group of donors, NAD or NADP as acceptor.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for BDH2 Gene
Dehydrogenase that mediates the formation of 2,5-dihydroxybenzoic acid (2,5-DHBA), a siderophore that shares structural similarities with bacterial enterobactin and associates with LCN2, thereby playing a key role in iron assimilation and homeostasis. Plays a role in susceptibility to bacterial infection by providing an assimilable source of iron that is exploited by pathogenic bacteria (By similarity). Also acts as a 3-hydroxybutyrate dehydrogenase (PubMed:16380372).