Aliases for SLC28A2 Gene
- Solute Carrier Family 28 Member 2 2 3 4 5
- Solute Carrier Family 28 (Sodium-Coupled Nucleoside Transporter), Member 2 2 3
- Solute Carrier Family 28 (Concentrative Nucleoside Transporter), Member 2 2 3
- Sodium-Coupled Nucleoside Transporter 2 3 4
- Sodium/Purine Nucleoside Co-Transporter 3 4
- Concentrative Nucleoside Transporter 2 3 4
- Na(+)/Nucleoside Cotransporter 2 3 4
- CNT 2 3 4
External Ids for SLC28A2 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for SLC28A2 Gene
GeneCards Summary for SLC28A2 Gene
SLC28A2 (Solute Carrier Family 28 Member 2) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Transport of vitamins, nucleosides, and related molecules and Thiopurine Pathway, Pharmacokinetics/Pharmacodynamics. GO annotations related to this gene include nucleoside binding and purine nucleoside transmembrane transporter activity. An important paralog of this gene is SLC28A1.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for SLC28A2 Gene
Sodium-dependent and purine-selective transporter. Exhibits the transport characteristics of the nucleoside transport system cif or N1 subtype (N1/cif) (selective for purine nucleosides and uridine). Plays a critical role in specific uptake and salvage of purine nucleosides in kidney and other tissues.