Aliases for EIF2B4 Gene
- Eukaryotic Translation Initiation Factor 2B Subunit Delta 2 3 5
- Eukaryotic Translation Initiation Factor 2B, Subunit 4 Delta, 67kDa 2 3
- EIF-2B GDP-GTP Exchange Factor Subunit Delta 3 4
- Eukaryotic Translation Initiation Factor 2B, Subunit 4 (Delta, 67kD) 2
- Eukaryotic Translation Initiation Factor 2B Subunit 4 Delta 3
- Translation Initiation Factor EIF-2b Delta Subunit 3
External Ids for EIF2B4 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for EIF2B4 Gene
Eukaryotic initiation factor 2B (EIF2B), which is necessary for protein synthesis, is a GTP exchange factor composed of five different subunits. The protein encoded by this gene is the fourth, or delta, subunit. Defects in this gene are a cause of leukoencephalopathy with vanishing white matter (VWM) and ovarioleukodystrophy. Multiple transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found for this gene. [provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008]
GeneCards Summary for EIF2B4 Gene
EIF2B4 (Eukaryotic Translation Initiation Factor 2B Subunit Delta) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with EIF2B4 include leukoencephalopathy with vanishing white matter and late infantile cach syndrome. Among its related pathways are RNA transport and Apoptotic Pathways in Synovial Fibroblasts. GO annotations related to this gene include guanyl-nucleotide exchange factor activity and translation initiation factor binding.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for EIF2B4 Gene
Catalyzes the exchange of eukaryotic initiation factor 2-bound GDP for GTP.