Aliases for HDHD1 Gene
- Haloacid Dehalogenase-Like Hydrolase Domain Containing 1 2 3
- DXF68S1E 3 4 6
- HDHD1A 3 4 6
- GS1 3 4 6
- Haloacid Dehalogenase-Like Hydrolase Domain-Containing Protein 1A 3 4
- Haloacid Dehalogenase-Like Hydrolase Domain-Containing Protein 1 3 4
- Haloacid Dehalogenase-Like Hydrolase Domain Containing 1A 2 3
- Family With Sequence Similarity 16, Member A, X-Linked 2 3
External Ids for HDHD1 Gene
Previous Symbols for HDHD1 Gene
This gene encodes a member of the haloacid dehalogenase-like (HAD) hydrolase superfamily. The encoded protein has no known biological function. This gene has a pseudogene on chromosome 1. Multiple alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been identified. [provided by RefSeq, Jul 2010]
GeneCards Summary for HDHD1 Gene
HDHD1 (Haloacid Dehalogenase-Like Hydrolase Domain Containing 1) is a Protein Coding gene. GO annotations related to this gene include phosphatase activity.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for HDHD1 Gene
Dephosphorylates pseudouridine 5-phosphate, a potential intermediate in rRNA degradation. Pseudouridine is then excreted intact in urine.