Aliases for CARF Gene
- Calcium Responsive Transcription Factor 2 3 5
- Calcium-Response Factor 2 3 4
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis 2 Chromosomal Region Candidate Gene 8 Protein 3 4
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis 2 (Juvenile) Chromosome Region, Candidate 8 2 3
- Testis Development Protein NYD-SP24 3 4
- ALS2CR8 3 4
- NYD-SP24 3
- CaRF 4
External Ids for CARF Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for CARF Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for CARF Gene
GeneCards Summary for CARF Gene
CARF (Calcium Responsive Transcription Factor) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with CARF include Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis 2, Juvenile. GO annotations related to this gene include transcription factor activity, sequence-specific DNA binding and transcriptional activator activity, RNA polymerase II core promoter proximal region sequence-specific binding.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for CARF Gene
Acts as a transcriptional activator that mediates the calcium- and neuron-selective induction of BDNF exon III transcription. Binds to the consensus calcium-response element CaRE1 5-CTATTTCGAG-3 sequence.