Aliases for ALG8 Gene
- ALG8, Alpha-1,3-Glucosyltransferase 2 3
- Dolichyl-P-Glc:Glc(1)Man(9)GlcNAc(2)-PP-Dolichol Alpha- 1->3-Glucosyltransferase 2 3
- Asparagine-Linked Glycosylation 8 Homolog (Yeast, Alpha-1,3-Glucosyltransferase) 2 3
- Dol-P-Glc:Glc(1)Man(9)GlcNAc(2)-PP-Dolichyl Alpha-1,3-Glucosyltransferase 3 4
- Dolichyl-P-Glc:Glc1Man9GlcNAc2-PP-Dolichyl Glucosyltransferase 3 4
- Asparagine-Linked Glycosylation Protein 8 Homolog 3 4
- Asparagine-Linked Glycosylation 8, Alpha-1,3-Glucosyltransferase Homolog (S. Cerevisiae) 2
- Asparagine-Linked Glycosylation 8 Homolog (S. Cerevisiae, Alpha-1,3-Glucosyltransferase) 3
External Ids for ALG8 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for ALG8 Gene
This gene encodes a member of the ALG6/ALG8 glucosyltransferase family. The encoded protein catalyzes the addition of the second glucose residue to the lipid-linked oligosaccharide precursor for N-linked glycosylation of proteins. Mutations in this gene have been associated with congenital disorder of glycosylation type Ih (CDG-Ih). Alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been identified. [provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008]
GeneCards Summary for ALG8 Gene
ALG8 (ALG8, Alpha-1,3-Glucosyltransferase) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with ALG8 include congenital disorder of glycosylation, type ih and protein-losing enteropathy. Among its related pathways are Transport to the Golgi and subsequent modification and Metabolism. GO annotations related to this gene include transferase activity, transferring hexosyl groups and dolichyl pyrophosphate Man9GlcNAc2 alpha-1,3-glucosyltransferase activity.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for ALG8 Gene
Adds the second glucose residue to the lipid-linked oligosaccharide precursor for N-linked glycosylation. Transfers glucose from dolichyl phosphate glucose (Dol-P-Glc) onto the lipid-linked oligosaccharide Glc(1)Man(9)GlcNAc(2)-PP-Dol (By similarity).