Aliases for UTY Gene
- Ubiquitously Transcribed Tetratricopeptide Repeat Containing, Y-Linked 2 3 5
- Ubiquitously-Transcribed Y Chromosome Tetratricopeptide Repeat Protein 3 4
- Ubiquitously Transcribed Tetratricopeptide Repeat Gene, Y Chromosome 2 3
- Ubiquitously Transcribed Tetratricopeptide Repeat Gene, Y-Linked 2 3
- Ubiquitously-Transcribed TPR Protein On The Y Chromosome 3 4
- Ubiquitously Transcribed TPR Gene On Y Chromosome 3
- Ubiquitous TPR Motif Protein UTY 3
External Ids for UTY Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for UTY Gene
This gene encodes a protein containing tetratricopeptide repeats which are thought to be involved in protein-protein interactions. The encoded protein is also a minor histocompatibility antigen which may induce graft rejection of male stem cell grafts. A large number of alternatively spliced transcripts have been observed for this gene, but the full length nature of some of these variants has not been determined. [provided by RefSeq, Apr 2012]
GeneCards Summary for UTY Gene
UTY (Ubiquitously Transcribed Tetratricopeptide Repeat Containing, Y-Linked) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Transcriptional misregulation in cancer and Chromatin organization. GO annotations related to this gene include dioxygenase activity and histone demethylase activity (H3-K27 specific). An important paralog of this gene is KDM6A.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for UTY Gene
Male-specific histone demethylase that catalyzes trimethylated Lys-27 (H3K27me3) demethylation in histone H3. Has relatively low lysine demethylase activity.