Aliases for SLCO1A2 Gene
- Solute Carrier Organic Anion Transporter Family Member 1A2 2 3 5
- Solute Carrier Family 21 (Organic Anion Transporter), Member 3 2 3
- Solute Carrier Organic Anion Transporter Family, Member 1A2 2 3
- Sodium-Independent Organic Anion Transporter 3 4
- Organic Anion-Transporting Polypeptide 1 3 4
- Solute Carrier Family 21 Member 3 3 4
- SLC21A3 3 4
External Ids for SLCO1A2 Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for SLCO1A2 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for SLCO1A2 Gene
This gene encodes a sodium-independent transporter which mediates cellular uptake of organic ions in the liver. Its substrates include bile acids, bromosulphophthalein, and some steroidal compounds. The protein is a member of the SLC21A family of solute carriers. Alternative splicing of this gene results in multiple transcript variants. [provided by RefSeq, Dec 2008]
GeneCards Summary for SLCO1A2 Gene
SLCO1A2 (Solute Carrier Organic Anion Transporter Family Member 1A2) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with SLCO1A2 include Aneurysmal Bone Cysts and Intrahepatic Cholestasis. Among its related pathways are Bile secretion and Metabolism. GO annotations related to this gene include transporter activity and organic anion transmembrane transporter activity. An important paralog of this gene is SLCO1B7.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for SLCO1A2 Gene
Mediates the Na(+)-independent transport of organic anions such as sulfobromophthalein (BSP) and conjugated (taurocholate) and unconjugated (cholate) bile acids (By similarity). Selectively inhibited by the grapefruit juice component naringin.