Aliases for SLC9A5 Gene
- Solute Carrier Family 9 Member A5 2 3
- Solute Carrier Family 9, Subfamily A (NHE5, Cation Proton Antiporter 5), Member 5 2 3 5
- Solute Carrier Family 9 (Sodium/Hydrogen Exchanger), Member 5 2 3
- Solute Carrier Family 9 Member 5 3 4
- Na(+)/H(+) Exchanger 5 3 4
- NHE-5 3 4
- NHE5 3 4
- Solute Carrier Family 9 (Sodium/Hydrogen Exchanger), Isoform 5 2
- Solute Carrier Family 9 (Sodium/Hydrogen Exchanger) 3
External Ids for SLC9A5 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for SLC9A5 Gene
GeneCards Summary for SLC9A5 Gene
SLC9A5 (Solute Carrier Family 9 Member A5) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with SLC9A5 include familial paroxysmal kinesigenic dyskinesia. Among its related pathways are Transport of glucose and other sugars, bile salts and organic acids, metal ions and amine compounds and Sweet Taste Signaling. GO annotations related to this gene include solute:proton antiporter activity and sodium:proton antiporter activity. An important paralog of this gene is SLC9A4.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for SLC9A5 Gene
Involved in pH regulation to eliminate acids generated by active metabolism or to counter adverse environmental conditions. Major proton extruding system driven by the inward sodium ion chemical gradient. Plays an important role in signal transduction (By similarity).