Aliases for SLC7A1 Gene
- Solute Carrier Family 7 (Cationic Amino Acid Transporter, Y+ System), Member 1 2 3
- Ecotropic Retroviral Leukemia Receptor Homolog 3 4
- System Y+ Basic Amino Acid Transporter 3 4
- Ecotropic Retrovirus Receptor Homolog 3 4
- Solute Carrier Family 7 Member 1 3 4
- Ecotropic Retroviral Receptor 2 3
- ATRC1 3 4
- CAT-1 3 4
External Ids for SLC7A1 Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for SLC7A1 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for SLC7A1 Gene
GeneCards Summary for SLC7A1 Gene
SLC7A1 (Solute Carrier Family 7 (Cationic Amino Acid Transporter, Y+ System), Member 1) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with SLC7A1 include carnitine acetyltransferase deficiency and tinea capitis. Among its related pathways are Nanog in Mammalian ESC Pluripotency and MicroRNAs in cancer. GO annotations related to this gene include amino acid transmembrane transporter activity and L-ornithine transmembrane transporter activity. An important paralog of this gene is SLC7A3.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for SLC7A1 Gene
High-affinity, low capacity permease involved in the transport of the cationic amino acids (arginine, lysine and ornithine) in non-hepatic tissues. May also function as an ecotropic retroviral leukemia receptor.