Aliases for GALNT11 Gene
- Polypeptide N-Acetylgalactosaminyltransferase 11 2 3
- Polypeptide GalNAc Transferase 11 2 3 4
- UDP-N-Acetyl-Alpha-D-Galactosamine:Polypeptide N-Acetylgalactosaminyltransferase 11 (GalNAc-T11) 2 3
- UDP-GalNAc:Polypeptide N-Acetylgalactosaminyltransferase 11 3 4
- Protein-UDP Acetylgalactosaminyltransferase 11 3 4
- Pp-GaNTase 11 3 4
- EC 188.8.131.52 4 63
- GALNAC-T11 3 4
- GALNACT11 3
External Ids for GALNT11 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for GALNT11 Gene
GeneCards Summary for GALNT11 Gene
GALNT11 (Polypeptide N-Acetylgalactosaminyltransferase 11) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Transport to the Golgi and subsequent modification and Metabolism. GO annotations related to this gene include carbohydrate binding and polypeptide N-acetylgalactosaminyltransferase activity. An important paralog of this gene is GALNT4.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for GALNT11 Gene
Polypeptide N-acetylgalactosaminyltransferase that catalyzes the initiation of protein O-linked glycosylation and is involved in left/right asymmetry by mediating O-glycosylation of NOTCH1. O-glycosylation of NOTCH1 promotes activation of NOTCH1, modulating the balance between motile and immotile (sensory) cilia at the left-right organiser (LRO). Polypeptide N-acetylgalactosaminyltransferases catalyze the transfer of an N-acetyl-D-galactosamine residue to a serine or threonine residue on the protein receptor. Displays the same enzyme activity toward MUC1, MUC4, and EA2 than GALNT1. Not involved in glycosylation of erythropoietin (EPO).