Aliases for SLC7A10 Gene
- Solute Carrier Family 7 Member 10 2 3 4 5
- Solute Carrier Family 7 (Neutral Amino Acid Transporter Light Chain, Asc System), Member 10 2 3
- ASC-1 3 4
- ASC1 3 4
- Solute Carrier Family 7, (Cationic Amino Acid Transporter, Y+ System) Member 10 3
- Solute Carrier Family 7, (Neutral Amino Acid Transporter, Y+ System) Member 10 3
- Asc-Type Amino Acid Transporter 1 3
- HASC-1 3
External Ids for SLC7A10 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for SLC7A10 Gene
SLC7A10, in association with 4F2HC (SLC3A2; MIM 158070), mediates high-affinity transport of D-serine and several other neutral amino acids (Nakauchi et al., 2000 [PubMed 10863037]).[supplied by OMIM, Mar 2008]
GeneCards Summary for SLC7A10 Gene
SLC7A10 (Solute Carrier Family 7 Member 10) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with SLC7A10 include Cystinuria and Hyperekplexia. Among its related pathways are Cell surface interactions at the vascular wall and Response to elevated platelet cytosolic Ca2+. GO annotations related to this gene include amino acid transmembrane transporter activity and neutral amino acid transmembrane transporter activity. An important paralog of this gene is SLC7A8.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for SLC7A10 Gene
Sodium-independent, high affinity transport of small neutral D- and L-amino acids. May play a role in the modulation of glutamatergic transmission through mobilization of D-serine at the glutamatergic synapse.