Aliases for SLC7A10 Gene
- Solute Carrier Family 7 Member 10 2 3 4 5
- Solute Carrier Family 7 (Neutral Amino Acid Transporter Light Chain, Asc System), Member 10 2 3
- ASC-1 3 4
- ASC1 3 4
- Solute Carrier Family 7, (Cationic Amino Acid Transporter, Y+ System) Member 10 3
- Solute Carrier Family 7, (Neutral Amino Acid Transporter, Y+ System) Member 10 3
- Asc-Type Amino Acid Transporter 1 3
- HASC-1 3
External Ids for SLC7A10 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for SLC7A10 Gene
SLC7A10, in association with 4F2HC (SLC3A2; MIM 158070), mediates high-affinity transport of D-serine and several other neutral amino acids (Nakauchi et al., 2000 [PubMed 10863037]).[supplied by OMIM, Mar 2008]
GeneCards Summary for SLC7A10 Gene
SLC7A10 (Solute Carrier Family 7 Member 10) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with SLC7A10 include Cystinuria. Among its related pathways are Transport of glucose and other sugars, bile salts and organic acids, metal ions and amine compounds and Cell surface interactions at the vascular wall. GO annotations related to this gene include amino acid transmembrane transporter activity and neutral amino acid transmembrane transporter activity. An important paralog of this gene is SLC7A8.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for SLC7A10 Gene
Sodium-independent, high affinity transport of small neutral D- and L-amino acids. May play a role in the modulation of glutamatergic transmission through mobilization of D-serine at the glutamatergic synapse.