Aliases for AP1AR Gene
- Adaptor Related Protein Complex 1 Associated Regulatory Protein 2 3 5
- Adaptor-Related Protein Complex 1 Associated Regulatory Protein 2 3
- Adaptor-Related Protein Complex 1-Associated Regulatory Protein 3 4
- Gamma-1-Adaptin Brefeldin A Resistance Protein 3 4
- Gamma-A1-Adaptin And Kinesin Interactor 3 4
- Gamma-BAR 3 4
- C4orf16 3 4
- Gadkin 3 4
External Ids for AP1AR Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for AP1AR Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for AP1AR Gene
GeneCards Summary for AP1AR Gene
AP1AR (Adaptor Related Protein Complex 1 Associated Regulatory Protein) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with AP1AR include Gliosarcoma. GO annotations related to this gene include kinesin binding and AP-1 adaptor complex binding.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for AP1AR Gene
Necessary for adaptor protein complex 1 (AP-1)-dependent transport between the trans-Golgi network and endosomes. Regulates the membrane association of AP1G1/gamma1-adaptin, one of the subunits of the AP-1 adaptor complex. The direct interaction with AP1G1/gamma1-adaptin attenuates the release of the AP-1 complex from membranes. Regulates endosomal membrane traffic via association with AP-1 and KIF5B thus linking kinesin-based plus-end-directed microtubular transport to AP-1-dependent membrane traffic. May act as effector of AP-1 in calcium-induced endo-lysosome secretion. Inhibits Arp2/3 complex function; negatively regulates cell spreading, size and motility via intracellular sequestration of the Arp2/3 complex.