Aliases for PPP2CB Gene
- Protein Phosphatase 2 Catalytic Subunit Beta 2 3
- Protein Phosphatase 2, Catalytic Subunit, Beta Isozyme 2 3 5
- Protein Phosphatase 2 (Formerly 2A), Catalytic Subunit, Beta Isoform 2 3
- EC 188.8.131.52 4 63
- PP2A-Beta 3 4
- Serine/Threonine Protein Phosphatase 2A, Catalytic Subunit, Beta Isoform 3
- Protein Phosphatase 2, Catalytic Subunit, Beta Isoform 3
- Protein Phosphatase 2A Catalytic Subunit, Beta Isoform 3
External Ids for PPP2CB Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for PPP2CB Gene
This gene encodes the phosphatase 2A catalytic subunit. Protein phosphatase 2A is one of the four major Ser/Thr phosphatases, and it is implicated in the negative control of cell growth and division. It consists of a common heteromeric core enzyme, which is composed of a catalytic subunit and a constant regulatory subunit, that associates with a variety of regulatory subunits. This gene encodes a beta isoform of the catalytic subunit. [provided by RefSeq, Mar 2010]
GeneCards Summary for PPP2CB Gene
PPP2CB (Protein Phosphatase 2 Catalytic Subunit Beta) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are cGMP-PKG signaling pathway and AMPK signaling pathway. GO annotations related to this gene include hydrolase activity and phosphoprotein phosphatase activity. An important paralog of this gene is PPP4C.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for PPP2CB Gene
PP2A can modulate the activity of phosphorylase B kinase casein kinase 2, mitogen-stimulated S6 kinase, and MAP-2 kinase.
Protein Ser/Thr phosphatases are a group of enzymes that catalyze the removal of phosphate groups from serine and/or threonine residues by hydrolysis of phosphoric acid monoesters. They oppose the action of kinases and phosphorylases and are involved in signal transduction.