Aliases for SLC6A15 Gene
- Solute Carrier Family 6 (Neutral Amino Acid Transporter), Member 15 2 3
- SBAT1 3 4 6
- Sodium/Chloride Dependent Neurotransmitter Transporter Homo Sapiens Orphan Neurotransmitter Transporter NTT7 2 3
- Solute Carrier Family 6 (Neurotransmitter Transporter), Member 15 2 3
- Sodium- And Chloride-Dependent Neurotransmitter Transporter NTT73 3 4
- Sodium-Coupled Branched-Chain Amino-Acid Transporter 1 3 4
- Homolog Of Rat Orphan Transporter V7-3 2 3
- Solute Carrier Family 6 Member 15 3 4
- Transporter V7-3 3 4
External Ids for SLC6A15 Gene
This gene encodes a member of the solute carrier family 6 protein family which transports neutral amino acids. The encoded protein is thought to play a role in neuronal amino acid transport (PMID: 16185194) and may be associated with major depression (PMID: 21521612). Multiple transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found for this gene. [provided by RefSeq, Feb 2012]
GeneCards Summary for SLC6A15 Gene
SLC6A15 (Solute Carrier Family 6 (Neutral Amino Acid Transporter), Member 15) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Transport of glucose and other sugars, bile salts and organic acids, metal ions and amine compounds and Transport of glucose and other sugars, bile salts and organic acids, metal ions and amine compounds. GO annotations related to this gene include neurotransmitter:sodium symporter activity and proline:sodium symporter activity. An important paralog of this gene is SLC6A18.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for SLC6A15 Gene
Functions as a sodium-dependent neutral amino acid transporter. Exhibits preference for the branched-chain amino acids, particularly leucine, valine and isoleucine and methionine. Mediates the saturable, pH-sensitive and electrogenic cotransport of proline and sodium ions with a stoichiometry of 1:1. May have a role as transporter for neurotransmitter precursors into neurons. In contrast to other members of the neurotransmitter transporter family, does not appear to be chloride-dependent.