Aliases for HSD17B7 Gene
- Hydroxysteroid 17-Beta Dehydrogenase 7 2 3 5
- Short Chain Dehydrogenase/Reductase Family 37C Member 1 3 4
- 17-Beta-Hydroxysteroid Dehydrogenase 7 3 4
- Estradiol 17-Beta-Dehydrogenase 7 3 4
- 17-Beta-HSD 7 3 4
- SDR37C1 3 4
- Short Chain Dehydrogenase/Reductase Family 37C, Member 1 2
- 17 Beta-Hydroxysteroid Dehydrogenase Type VII 3
External Ids for HSD17B7 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for HSD17B7 Gene
HSD17B7 encodes an enzyme that functions both as a 17-beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (EC 184.108.40.206) in the biosynthesis of sex steroids and as a 3-ketosteroid reductase (EC 220.127.116.110) in the biosynthesis of cholesterol (Marijanovic et al., 2003 [PubMed 12829805]).[supplied by OMIM, May 2010]
GeneCards Summary for HSD17B7 Gene
HSD17B7 (Hydroxysteroid 17-Beta Dehydrogenase 7) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with HSD17B7 include X-Linked Chondrodysplasia Punctata. Among its related pathways are superpathway of steroid hormone biosynthesis and cholesterol biosynthesis I. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include oxidoreductase activity and estradiol 17-beta-dehydrogenase activity.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for HSD17B7 Gene
Responsible for the reduction of the keto group on the C-3 of sterols.