Aliases for HSD17B7 Gene
- Hydroxysteroid (17-Beta) Dehydrogenase 7 2 3
- Short Chain Dehydrogenase/Reductase Family 37C Member 1 3 4
- 17-Beta-Hydroxysteroid Dehydrogenase 7 3 4
- Estradiol 17-Beta-Dehydrogenase 7 3 4
- 17-Beta-HSD 7 3 4
- SDR37C1 3 4
- Short Chain Dehydrogenase/Reductase Family 37C, Member 1 3
- Short Chain Dehydrogenase/Reductase Family 37C 2
External Ids for HSD17B7 Gene
HSD17B7 encodes an enzyme that functions both as a 17-beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (EC 22.214.171.124) in the biosynthesis of sex steroids and as a 3-ketosteroid reductase (EC 126.96.36.1990) in the biosynthesis of cholesterol (Marijanovic et al., 2003 [PubMed 12829805]).[supplied by OMIM, May 2010]
GeneCards Summary for HSD17B7 Gene
HSD17B7 (Hydroxysteroid (17-Beta) Dehydrogenase 7) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Metabolism and Metabolism. GO annotations related to this gene include estradiol 17-beta-dehydrogenase activity and 3-keto sterol reductase activity.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for HSD17B7 Gene
Responsible for the reduction of the keto group on the C-3 of sterols.